Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy New Year's Eve
So, it is taking me some time to realize that our lives are different now. I have always loved NYE...it was my favorite holiday. I haven't done anything remarkably exciting in I don't know how many years....The year C and I got engaged, so that would have been 03- so NY04, we went out. We got in a fight. I saw a guy I liked in college which made me mad because my fiance and I were fighting and I should've been happy. In 04 we got married, so NY05, I remember I was sick. In 05 I was pregnant, so NY06 I was pregnant...we went to dinner with my parents. In 06 I had AM, so NY07 C and I did get to go to dinner while my mom babysat. In 07, so NY08, I was pregnant, we fell asleep on the couch at about 10:30, I woke up to fireworks at 11:58, tried to wake C up, he wouldn't budge. I went to bed. And now, NY09, I have two little ones and we're staying home. I'm sure we'll be asleep by 11...and that's late for me! C said he wants to set the alarm for 11:45 so he can wake up and watch the festivities on tv. We'll see how that works out :) Anyway, I'm old. I have always dreamed of having a fancy NYE party. When my friends and I were younger we gave out holiday responsibilities when we were older, mine was supposed to be NYE. Maybe when we move to a bigger house and the kids are a little older, I'll start having annual NYE parties, they may not be blacktie like I always wanted, but I'll have some cheap champagne and some good food and people can dress up. Sounds good to me. Hope ya'll can make it to my party in a few years :) XOXO Happy New Years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment