Friday, January 9, 2009

Do you ever blog in your head?

I find myself sometimes blogging in my head and then when I get on here I think I've blogged a bunch and said a lot of things in the past week or so, but it's because I blog in my head and then I never get a chance to actually sit down and type. Too busy. I swear, I do have a little downtime here and there (not much), but once in awhile I get them to nap at the same time in the afternoon and I might get 30 minutes to myself. Usually by that point I am so tired, I just sit down and watch tv for 20 minutes (after I do something I need to...like empty the dishwasher or throw some laundry in)...sometimes I check my email, but by the time I am finished and go to blog, the baby cries and I have to go get him.
Anyway, speaking of my son....he is crazy. He does not like to sleep! Well I think he would if he wasn't such a fussy pants. He was for a few nights there sleeping from 7-7...oh glorious day! I thought the end was near, the end of getting up every few hours, the end of getting up at 5 am. And then...this is worse. C and I figure it's a mixture of teething and separation anxiety. He goes to sleep early because he doesn't nap very long at all during the day, he then wakes up and will not let me put him down. I do, and screams. Not just cries, he screams blood curdling someone is killing me screams. I let him cry to wear himself out, he doesn't stop, he may slow down but the second he starts to sound like he's going to sleep, he screams again! So I rock him, he's perfectly fine when I'm holding him. I put him down once he falls asleep, he wakes up again. This continued last night for 2 hours. Then he slept through the night, from 11:30 to about 5:45 this morning. I guess it's disheartening because AM was SUCH a good sleeper, still is. She was on clockwork by 7 months, up at 6, nap at 10:30, nap at 2:30, down at 7. TC is not following in these footsteps. AM still gets up between 6 and 7, nap at 1, down at 8 (we moved from 8pm-6am for winter..summer is more like 9pm-7am). Anyway, all I can do is hope that this will end soon. I get grumpy when I'm tired at night. I know it will end, but I hate to wish away this time in his life because he's so dang cute!
I don't think I blogged at all about our New Year's...good thing. It was crappy and I have nothing good to say about the evening with my husband, except that the dinner I made was good. Happy New Year.
I have started something for myself, it's not really what I get to do (not like I get time for myself or anything..), but something I decided I have to do for myself! I have started eating healthy once again. It was to a point where not that I was eating totally unhealthy because we eat healthy dinners and lots of veggies, but if I wanted to snack I would, if I wanted a piece of candy I would, if I wanted french fries when we went out, I would. No longer. I decided I was going to start this last Monday, I weighed myself, and started eating good. I also decided instead of just eating good, I was going to count WW points and stick to it. It has worked great in the past and if I don't keep track, I will end up eating more than I need to. So, I will weigh myself again on Monday morning and see how I did for the week. I do feel better though, it's amazing how much better you feel when you're not all bloated or feeling yucky from eating something you know you shouldn't. Anyway, I made an initial goal of exercising 3 times a week, whether it be a walk or an exercise video. I have already done 3 good days this week, and it's a good thing b/c my jogging stroller now has a flat tire and C needs to get it fixed for me for next week! I think I'll take our regular double down to the beach today for a walk, it's a flat walk (instead of the super hills by my house) and that stroller will be fine for down there. So, my first goal is to lose 20 lbs in 5 months, by TC's first bday. That is nowhere near a perfect weight, but I will feel better, sooo much better and then I figure it will be summer and I can just continue it and hopefully lose more. The first time I did WW, it was great, I lost 40 lbs, but I also worked out at the gym almost everyday forever. I fell off the gym wagon when I left Nordstrom and went back to a 9-5 after C and I got married. The weight came on. After I had AM, I went back to WW and lost 20 lbs, which was good, it got the baby weight off, but I didn't go any further to get more off. This time, I figure, I don't want to start at the meetings b/c I don't want to spend the money or find the time to get there?! If I can't do it on my own, I will go. However, I am motivated and I hope to continue this outlook of healthy eating and whatever exercise I can get! So...wish me luck! Happy 2009.

1 comment:

Wohn said...

I do it all the time. Usually on the way to work or in the shower. Oh, don't forget about that - you hate that commercial, Vinney made a funny face, you like this band, etc. I try and remember to write it down when I get to work. You should see my work notes. It's all work and then randomly it says "who does Jessica Alba think she is with those bangs?"

Miss you L!

Love, Wohn