Monday, March 1, 2010

A tired Monday....and Tuesday

I feel exhausted today. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's Monday, maybe it's because we had a long busy weekend.



The interview went well, the ladies were very nice, the company was nice, they had a hundred nice things to say about the company. I like it. That's good. I had to take a personality test...it was very long, it was over an hour long. I was seriously mentally exhausted when I was done. I got home, drank some wine, C got home with the kids, they screamed and screamed, I was ready to send them back to their uncle's house. My parents got there, we decided the kids were in no mood to go out to eat so we ordered pizza and drank wine. AM had fallen asleep in the car so it took her longer to fall asleep that night. Ugh, more exhaustion. Saturday we had swim, which was fun, AM does sooo good! Then we went to Bellevue Square to meet my mom's cousin and her daughter- we had lunch, fun browsing, my mom took the kids to Build a Bear for their first time and they each got a bear. So cute, AM got a light bear with a wedding dress, veil, complete with garter and corsage-she named her Lea. TC got a dark bear with a football outfit named Bobby. We then went to Nordstrom where TC fell asleep in the stroller so we got to hang out in the makeup section for a long time, which was fun. Then we headed to our friend's bday/son's bday party and then home after a long day and I was so tired I think I was in bed asleep by 9:30.

Yesterday was a day around the house, hockey, vacuuming, kids playing outside in the backyard (which I loved-that was our first big time they played out there!). Nice day.



Oh, I forgot to mention the other preschool/daycare visit. I went to a Montessori school to look at it, which is why the expense thing was so worrisome to me. This school though...amazing the difference. It was clean, all the toys are educational, they have plans and projects and cute little tables and chairs, the kids were for the most part well behaved. The price- AFFORDABLE! I was doing the math wrong! They have before and after school care, then full day school is 9-4. You bring your own lunch, which cuts on costs for the school. They have outdoor fenced play area, it's close to my house. DOWN SIDE- TC isn't old enough yet. He has to be 2 1/2 or so. So, we think it's worth it though to have to leave a little early, drop AM off there, then drop TC off at his toddler class at the learning center daycare, which will do for now. He would be separated from AM there anyway for now until he got older. So, that's what we're going to do and then when he's old enough, hopefully next fall, unless she (the montessori teacher) gets going on her toddler class she wants to start (fingers crossed it's sooner rather than later!). I am very happy with this whole thing, it has started to work out wonderfully for the most part. Now I just need the call. The job! I start to have horrible feelings and thoughts that I probably didn't get it. Who knows. I can't handle it. I start to get anxiety.

So into Tuesday, I'm still down. I had more energy with me this morning. I have lost it. I feel worn out. I think stress has a lot to do with it. How annoying.

AM and I fight when she's in a bad mood or whatever it is a 3 1/2 year old gets. She does NOT listen. Not to one word I say. Then she fights with me and I yell. I'm tired. She won't do time outs, she won't listen when I say not to do something. When she's mad, then she's mean to her brother, which then makes me more mad. She cries, we hug, I feel bad but she still won't listen...she won't even listen to me about listening?!?!? WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT? Today I was informed at preschool that she and her little friend wouldn't listen and clean up so they lost their show and tell privileges for the day. Great, she gets mad that her teacher tells me this and she throws her backpack and stomps her foot at the teacher?! How embarrassing. My kid is a brat. My mom constantly tells me it's just her age. Yeah, that's great but what am I supposed to do about it? I swear if we have these issues at 3 1/2, what is 15 going to be like? Absolutely horrible I think. I hope not, I always wanted it to be different with my daughter and me, not like how my mom and I were during the teen years. Maybe if it's bad now, it will get better at 15. HA! Yeah right, wishful thinking.

Here's to hoping Wednesday is better....maybe the sun will come out so I can cheer up or get some energy back or something.

1 comment:

MSB said...

Hey I am reading Have a New Kid by Friday...it seems to be helping.